Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Jour Trois

Day: 3
Hours: 9
Total Hours: 24
Department: Production
Supervisor: Sabine

So, I came in for my third day, feeling much more comfortable with my surroundings in production. Not that I was terribly fidgety before, but now I understand where I fit there a lot better, and I better understand everyone elses quirks.

Sabine was already there, as lovely and chipper as she always seems to be, and Haley showed up shortly after. I left a list of websites I've designed on Sandi's desk, on Christine's desk, and gave one to Haley (as well as a CD of string quartet instrumentals of radiohead songs to listen to at work). Haley and I chatted about websites for a bit, then I headed to the back to get to work.

So, Sandi left a little list of items for me to complete:

~finish sewing buttons onto the sample garments
~help tag new inventory
~help Dinesh with cutting
~help Haley in the Shop

It took me little over 2 hours to finish the button sewing, and there was no inventory that needed tagging (that the girls knew the prices for), so I worked at helping Dinesh with cutting for a bit.

Christine showed up later in the day, and we chatted about what I'd be doing later in the week. I have at least one more day in production before being anywhere else - that's ok, a LOT goes on in production! And I do really want to visit contractors with Sandi...

Sabine asked out of the blue if I knew how to work with industrial sewing machines, and as I had, asked if I would mind sewing a series of t-shirts with exterior darts - much more precise than any other work I'd been handed, but I'm quite capable. It was actually very interesting... and the time flew by. I finished 2 shirts, but had another bunch started (I was working by-the-seam to speed things up). I will likely be returned to this task when I come back on Wednesday.

Since Sabine had to leave early, I was going to be the last person in production, so they set me with a little bit of clean up duty. Sweepy Sweepy!

Now: sleepy sleepy.

No comments: