Sunday, July 15, 2007

Friday the 13th

Day: 6
Hours: 9
Total Hours: 51
Department: Production
Supervisor: Sandi

For Friday, I moved from the white t-shirt sewing... to sewing yellow t-shirts. I'm happy to be comfortable with an industrial sewing machine again. To speed up the work on the Gemini Jacket that needed to be done, I opened the hem up while Sabeena worke don sewing other items. Later in the day, I picked the jacket up from it's pressing at Premier Launderer's, delivering it and the snap-tape I was requested to bring over to Annie's studio. Annie wasn't sure what the snap tape was about, so I was sent back with it. Then I delevired a couple patterns she needed from the boutique/studio. Annie asked me about my felting abilities, and where we might be able to do a bit of a workshop/party. I said I'd look into using the school studio, but that it was unavailable until September. It would be so fun to have a felting party with these ladies!!

After all the running around, I got back to the Sourcing catalogue. I edited everything Sandi changed on the print out, I double-checked all listed websites, everytime there was an e-mail that had an attached domain without a listed site, I'd check for it, and everytime there was a website but no contact info, I scoured the website for it, etc. After making sure that all listings had the fullest and most comprehensive listing I could gather, I alphabetized the list, as split into Wholesale, Retail and Notions.

I immediately printed it out and brought it over to Annie, who was meeting with Sandi at the time. Any bad impression I could have made on Thursday was wiped out by this point, I think! I was asked to print a couple more copies for Annie's home and the boutique, which I did as soon as I got back to the shop. I also asked about sending the remaining unanswered questions from the reccomended interview list to Annie via e-mail. She was up to it, but wanted to answer via phone if I could call her later in the week. She also gave me a little "tracking" calender, in which I've now recorded when I completed each of my internship hours (and will continue to, after the course is up.)

By the time I got back, it was already 6:15, so for the last 45 minutes I sewed t-shirts. Busy Day! Goooodness!

No comments: